- Remove personal property from room, bathrooms, closets, drawers and vanities
- Donate unwanted items to the ‘Leave It Behind’ Program or dispose of them in designated areas outside your hall
- Return all University property to its appropriate area - including items borrowed from the front desk and cups, plates and silverware from the dining centers.
Clean your room thoroughly to avoid charges:
- Remove writing, marks, and residue from walls, ceilings, and doors
- Clean up bathroom areas in suite halls
- Vacuum the carpet in and immediately outside your room, including under beds
- Empty all trash/recycling to the designated dumpsters outside your hall and wash out bins (DO NOT leave it in hallways, rest rooms, fire towers, or other common areas)
- If you have rented a Micro Fridge, empty and clean it, then leave it in your room (with fridge door open) when you check out
- Close and lock windows, and close drapes (ask your RA for more information about securing windows)
- Turn lights off
- Close and lock doors
- Contact your RA before finals week to get any items out of storage by May 6
- If you are returning to the halls next fall, starting May 9 you may store your properly boxed and tagged belongings in a storage area at the hall you’ll be living in next year (you will need RA assistance for access).
Note: To avoid the last-minute rush, begin packing early and start taking things home during the week/weekends prior to finals, if you have the opportunity.
Once you have completed the room preparation requirements, schedule an appointment (preferably 24-hours in advance) or contact your RA on duty to review your room and to initial and post the “Gone Card” on the exterior side of your door.
- RAs may make suggestions regarding the condition of your room, but this review does not constitute an inspection.
- Your signature on the Room Inventory Form indicates your agreement that Maintenance and Environmental Services personnel will inspect your room after you leave.
- This is the final inspection. If you wish to be present during the inspection, or if you have any concerns to discuss, schedule an appointment at (970) 491-7171
- The appointment needs to be scheduled at least 24 hours prior to check-out.
- Personal belongings must be removed before inspection.
- If damages or cleaning charges are assessed they will be posted to your student account
- Complete an address change through your RamWeb account prior to check-out.
- Bring your portion of the “Gone Card” and your keys to the front desk.
Charges may be assessed if the above procedures are not followed, and may include:
- Improper check-out charge: $50
- Failure to turn in keys: charges vary
- Room cleaning charge: minimum of $50
- Damages to room: charges vary