Eco Leaders are students in the residence halls who help raise awareness about sustainability issues and encourage environmentally-responsible behaviors for an academic year. There is one Eco Leader per residence hall who helps educate students in their hall about sustainability issues such as waste reduction and energy conservation, and helps plan activities and campaigns. The Eco Leaders program started in 2011 and has grown each year since.
- Academic year commitment (fall and spring semesters)
- Work 3-5 hours per week, including a 1-hour mandatory class on Thursdays from 4pm to 5pm (fall course is GES180A2: Introduction to Sustainability Engagement for one credit and the spring course is Sustainability in Practice for 1-2 credits).
- Receive an $800 housing reimbursement per semester (pending successful completion of program requirements)
- Move into the residence halls Monday, August 17
- Be available through Thursday, August 20 for training
- Responsible for working on multiple student engagement campaigns and events at the same time
- Gain knowledge on all topics related to sustainability including social justice, the environment, and the economy
Contact Tim Broderick
Housing & Dining Services