Eco Leaders are students in the residence halls who help raise awareness about sustainability issues and encourage environmentally-responsible behaviors for an academic year. There is one Eco Leader per residence hall who helps educate students in their hall about sustainability issues such as waste reduction and energy conservation, and helps plan activities and campaigns. The Eco Leaders program has been active since 2011.
- Academic year commitment (fall and spring semesters)
- Work 3-5 hours per week, including a 1-hour mandatory meeting on Thursdays from 4pm to 5pm
- Receive an $800 housing reimbursement per semester
- Move into the residence halls Monday, August 19
- Be available through Thursday, August 22 for training
- Responsible for working on multiple student engagement campaigns and events at the same time
- Gain knowledge on all topics related to sustainability including social justice, the environment, and the economy
The positions are currently closed but please check back in May of 2014 if you are interested in applying!
Contact Tim Broderick
Housing & Dining Services